Power Rangers RPM (Racing Performance Machines) is the seventeenth season of the American children's television series Power Rangers, which uses footage, costumes, and other props from the Super Sentai series. In the case of RPM, the season was an adaptation of Engine Sentai Go-onger, the thirty-second installment of the series.
The season was the third and final to air on ABC stations, premiering March 7, 2009 on ABC Kids. Due to the low ratings of the preceding season, Jungle Fury, RPM was also the final season to be produced and distributed by Disney and Renaissance-Atlantic Entertainment, putting the series on a two-year hiatus until the premiere of Power Rangers Samurai in 2011.
Power Rangers Beast Morphers is its direct sequel.
An AI computer virus named Venjix takes over all of the Earth's computers, creates an army of robot "Grinder" droids and destroys or enslaves almost all of humanity. Only the city of Corinth remains, protected by an almost impenetrable force field from the toxic atmosphere of the wasteland outside. Venjix tries various plans to destroy Corinth and Doctor K's RPM Power Rangers fight to protect it.
Ranger Operators and Team
- The Road to Corinth - Everyone on Earth is forced into the domed city of Corinth, for it is their last safe haven from the computer virus known as Venjix. While everyone makes it safely into Corinth, a mysterious stranger later known as Dillon is seen outside the dome. Trying to find the city of Corinth, a man known as Ziggy Grover offers to take him there. Safely making it inside past Venjix's soldiers, known as Grinders, the city is being attacked by a Generation 5 Attack Bot. However, three people: Scott Truman, Ranger Operator Series Red, Flynn McAllistair, Ranger Operator Series Blue, and Summer Landsdown, Ranger Operator Series Yellow, all of which were previously seen before, step in to take down Venjix's forces. They are known as the Power Rangers.
- Fade to Black - Ziggy & Dillon make it inside, but so do some of Venjix's forces. Now the Rangers have to deal with the attacking forces. The two new members of the city are arrested when Dillon is found to have internal Venjix Hardware. But with Venjix growing stronger, who can the Rangers choose to activate Series Black?
- Rain - Dillon is given the chance to become the Black Ranger, but even after he passes all the tests, he himself still doesn't want to. After realizing he can protect others with the power, he accepts the role, but he still has some obstacles to overcome.
- Go for the Green - The Rangers begin to search for a candidate for the Ranger Series Green. After auditioning several colorful candidates, they give up. After Ziggy's past catches up to him, he encounters a young woman who seems perfect. She turns out to be Tenaya 7 in disguise. Ziggy is forced to bond with the Morpher and become the Green Ranger.
- Handshake - Dillon must learn how to use his invincibility shield when Tenaya 7 tries to bring down Corinth's shield. Dillon and Ziggy use their Zords to help the Megazord, and Doctor K finally reveals "his" identity as a teenage girl.
- Ranger Green - Ziggy and Doctor K clash as he undergoes training, while a magnetic Venjix monster launches an assault on the city. Ziggy's criminal past is revealed to the Rangers, as is how he angered the cartels by sending black-market medical supplies to an orphanage; Doctor K emerges from the base to save him from being executed by the mobsters, though she remains antagonistic to him.
- Ranger Red - After fending off a squad of Grinders, Ziggy and Dillon try to summon the Croc Carrier, but it goes out of control and requires rare technology, which only Scott knows about. Scott goes out alone into the desert and tries to get the part from his brother's plane wreckage, but then the newest Attack Bot attacks, leaving Scott in need to get saved by his father, Colonel Truman. Scott delivers Doctor K the engine part, allowing Ziggy and Dillon to form the ValveMax Megazord and destroy the Attack Bot. At the end, Colonel Truman reads the lost and found recommendation letter from Marcus, which pointed out Scott's abilities.
- Ranger Yellow - Tenaya 7 attacks Corinth with the Boombot while the Rangers and Doctor K answer questions from some school kids, which makes Summer remember her past as a spoiled rich kid. The Rangers fight and destroy the Boombot, only to discover it is a decoy and that Tenaya 7 has gone in search of a rare black diamond owned by Summer's parents. After defeating Tenaya 7, Summer tells the other Rangers that she promised to get married if her parents gave her enough space and let her temporarily become a Ranger until sometime later in the future when she would be taken back home. Summer's parents then reveal to her that they are bankrupt, and need her to marry Chaz Winchester for his family's money. Dillon and Scott are still arguing about whether or not Summer is making the right decision on going along with the marriage to get the diamond, and keep it safe from Tenaya 7. After Summer is abandoned in the desert, Andrews finds her and helps her get close to Corinth before they get attacked by Grinders. Andrews dies, but tells Summer to make it safe. Scott tells Mr. Landsdown about the "new" Summer, and how she saved him.
- Ranger Blue - A malfunction in his Time Manipulation Burst causes Flynn to be sidelined as the other Rangers face off against Tenaya 7 and her Grinders. While waiting for Doctor K to come up with a solution, Flynn looks back on his life leading up to Venjix's attack and how he came to be the Blue Ranger.
- Doctor K - While attempting to overcome a power problem with the Rangers' new zord configuration, Doctor K is haunted by memories of her childhood being held at the "Alphabet Soup" think tank and a terrible mistake for which she has tried to make up for.
- Blitz - Dillon has a dream about his past when the Rangers are called into action. Venjix sends multiple monsters, wearing the Rangers down, and Dillon must make an important decision when he confronts the monster that has his stolen memories. He decides to keep his new memories and forget everything.
- Brother's Keeper - Tenaya 7 implants a remote device on the back of Dillon's neck which makes him fall under the control of Venjix and makes his bionic implants begin to take over his body. When he tries to leave the city, Dillon finds himself chained by Scott, leaving the rest of the Rangers to seek out the means to help him.
- Embodied - Dillon seeks to find more about his past by travelling to Omega City with the other Rangers in the GO-ONGER vehicle. They are sidetracked when Venjix downloads himself into a Generation 13 Attack Bot. When things look bad for the Rangers, two new and unknown Rangers appear to help. They then disappear, leaving the five Rangers in wonder of their identities.
- Ghosts - The Rangers arrive at Omega City only to discover it was all a trap set by Venjix. In the midst of trying to escape, they are ambushed and overwhelmed by Venjix forces, but are saved by Rangers Gold and Silver who, this time, fight off their assailants in person. The seven Rangers then return to Corinth, where Rangers Gold and Silver finally reveal themselves as Gem and Gemma, long lost friends of Dr. K from the Alphabet Soup facility.
- In or Out - Scott decides to join Gem and Gemma in a more offensive approach in the battle against Venjix. Colonel Truman defaults to his usual "defend the city" tactics and ends up trapping everyone inside while a Venjix bot sucks all the air out of the city. The remaining Rangers make a deadly escape from Corinth and regroup with Scott in order to save the city.
- Prisoners - Dillon hears Gem and Gemma humming a tune identical to the one from his pocket watch. They inform him that they learned it from a blind girl they befriended in a Venjix work camp, and that the tune came from a pocketwatch belonging to the girl's brother. Dillon, convinced that his sister is still there, mounts a rescue attempt with the help of Summer and Ziggy while Scott and Flynn attempt to hold off a dangerous new attack bot. Dr. K and the Rangers learn that Venjix is building a doomsday weapon, and must venture back to the facility to destroy it.
- Belly of the Beast - The Rangers must return to the factory where the doomsday device is being built. Dillon attempts to find his sister before it's too late. Dillon discovers that he, Summer, Gem and Gemma are in his sister's cell. Summer finds the key that belonged to Dillon's sister at Venjix factory that matches Dillon's key.
- Three's a Crowd - Gem & Gemma's "blow things up and ask questions later" motto is getting quite out of hand. They follow a trail they think might lead to the Venjix Palace and end up walking right into a trap. They must learn to work together with the other Rangers as a team and in turn form a new Megazord configuration called the SkyRev Megazord.
- Heroes Among Us - In an effort to impress his father, Scott makes a reckless trip out to the wasteland. He and Gem stumble upon human prisoners and their field trip turns into a rescue mission. Venjix test-drives his new and improved robotic form. His new body doesn't hold up very well against the Rangers. Scott talks to Dillon about the Venjix Prisoners Camp where humans are infected with the Venjix virus, and Grinders make human hybrids like Dillon, his sister & the other at the Venjix Palace.
- Not So Simple - For the first time, Gem and Gemma split up on something. Gemma believes in what Flynn can do. Together, they work on a wheelzord on the side. With all their resources used up, Dr. K has to trust the untested technology and they use it to destroy the latest attack bot.
- The Dome Dolls - A Chemical Attack Bot attacks the city and puts all men fast asleep. Now, the women of Corinth, led by Summer, all have to work together and save the day. Dr. K works on an antidote to awaken the men of Corinth City.
- And….Action - For the first time ever, join Ziggy as he takes you behind the scenes and into the lives of the Power Rangers. See how explosions and stunts are really done, as well as the funny moments that don't make it into the show, but keep the Power Ranger set a lively place to work as a Ranger. The Rangers and Dr. K are sitting on the couch to watch their episode.
- Ancient History - Untested technology is found in an Alphabet Soup dumping ground. Colonel Truman tries to keep the technology from Venjix and comes across a video log that pins Dr. K responsible for the start of Venjix. Colonel Truman wants to arrest Dr. K. but if he does, then she wouldn’t be able to help the Rangers with the dangerous Paleomax technology.
- Key to the Past - It dawns on Dillon that the two keys to his musical pocketwatch fit together to play another tune - the same one that Tenaya 7 whistles. Tenaya 7 is hit by memories of her past. She does some investigating on her own and finds out what really happened to her. Dillon finds out Tenaya 7 is his long lost sister.
- Beyond a Doubt - Tenaya 7 and Dillon go to Venjix palace to retrieve codes to stop an Attack Bot. Dillon is left wondering which side she is on when she turns him into Venjix. With the stolen codes, Dr. K is able to configure the RPM Ultrazord. Kilobyte captures Tenaya 7 before she can reunite with the Rangers.
- Control-Alt-Delete - Dillon's search for Tenaya is put on hold when Scott is in trouble. Scott was shot with a key that allows Shifter to control him. The Rangers do their best to save their leader when they come face to face with Tenaya 15. She has been reprogrammed with one mission: Serve Venjix. Dr. K makes a gun whose shots can make Tenaya susceptible to mind control.
- Run Ziggy Run - It's time for Ziggy to pay back the $5 million he owes Fresno Bob. Tenaya 15 makes a deal with Fresno Bob to give him Ziggy in exchange for a certain case. Instead, she double-crosses Fresno Bob and Ziggy ends up saving him. The Rangers deploy Dr. K's Rail Saber weapon against the latest Attack Bot. Fresno Bob and Ziggy are now even.
- If Venjix Won - Ziggy and Doctor K are accidentally teleported into a distant cave outside of Corinth. The remaining Rangers need to find out the password to Dr. K's computer and retrieve them, but their efforts instead triggers a time capsule recording compiled by Dr K, to be played only if Venjix attained absolute victory.
- End Game - Venjix’s end game is about to reveal itself. Every Attack Bot has been a calculating step closer to his plan. The city is filled with hybrids just like Dillon. Venjix is going to activate them all and Corinth will be brought down.
- Danger and Destiny - When a magnetic wave cuts off Corinth's electricity, the Rangers are left vulnerable to attack from Venjix's army of sleeper hybrids. Ziggy embarks on a solo mission to rescue Dr. K, who was kidnapped by Venjix, when The Garage is compromised; Venjix deletes two Rangers, Gem and Gemma; and Venjix's hardware inside Dillon's body begins to take control over him. Tenaya has returned to the good side thanks to Dr. K's antidote, and Kilobyte is destroyed. At Dr. K's destroyed lab, the Rangers appeal to her to help them. Tenaya refuses at first, but Flynn convinces her to do so since Dillon's life is in danger. Dr. K. was ordered to develop another virus to counter the Venjix virus, which had to be inserted into Venjix himself in order to be activated. Tenaya agrees to insert the virus into the Venjix network. Despite being short a few members, the remaining Rangers vow to soldier on before Venjix can regroup his armies. Gem and Gemma return with help from Dr. K. Venjix is destroyed when Gem and Gemma destroy the support beams to the Command Center and drop it onto Venjix. The Earth is now safe for humanity to live and prosper once more. In the last scene, a red light appears in Ranger Red's morpher, hinting at Venjix's survival.