Power Rangers Ninja Storm is an American television series and the eleventh season of the Power Rangers franchise, based on the Super Sentai series Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger. The season marked a series of firsts in the franchise, being that it was the first to be filmed in New Zealand, the first to not be produced by MMPR Productions, and the first to air on ABC in its entirety; debuting on February 15, 2003 on ABC Kids.
Shane Clarke, Tori Hanson and Dustin Brooks are three students at the Wind Ninja Academy. Their less than stellar performance and tardiness gets them the occasional lecture from their Sensei, Kanoi Watanabe. One day, the academy is attacked by Lothor, a banished ninja master and Kanoi's brother, who has returned to capture all the ninja students. Shane, Tori and Dustin are the only three remaining students, and along with Sensei, who has been transformed into a guinea pig by Lothor, and his son Cam Watanabe, retreat into the underground Ninja Ops. There, the three are given Wind Morphers, which allow them to transform into Wind Power Rangers and protect the city of Blue Bay Harbor from Lothor's forces.
When Lothor demonstrates his ability to make his monsters grow, the Rangers unleash the Ninja Zords, which could combine into the Storm Megazord and destroy monsters with its arsenal of Power Spheres, activated by special ninja power disks. Lothor again raises the stakes by sending his new allies to battle the Wind Rangers - the Thunder Rangers, Blake and Hunter Bradley, who had their own Thunder Zords. The Thunder Rangers are on a mission to destroy the Wind Rangers' Sensei, who they believed to be responsible for their parent's death, but a visit from the afterlife from Blake and Hunter's parents show them the truth - that it was Lothor who killed them. The Thunder Rangers see the error of their ways and join the Wind Rangers in the battle against Lothor, bringing the Thunder and Ninja Zords together to form the Thunderstorm Megazord.
When the Rangers lose their powers, Cam uses the Scroll of Time to travel into the past and retrieve the Samurai Amulet, a family heirloom in the possession of his late mother, where he discovers how Lothor rose to power. Cam returns to the present and uses the amulet to become the Green Samurai Ranger, armed with the Samurai Star Megazord, which later combines with the Rangers' zords to form the Hurricane Megazord. A lost scroll would later reveal to Cam the Lightning Riff Blaster, which could summon the Mighty Mammoth Zord.
In a last-ditch effort to take over the world, Lothor attempts to open the Abyss of Evil and release its evil. In a final battle, he steals the Samurai Amulet and uses it to take away all of the Rangers' powers. However the Wind Rangers combine their inner ninja powers to overpower Lothor and throw him into the abyss. After the battle, the powerless Rangers become ninja masters at the Wind Ninja Academy.
- Wind Ninja Academy
- Thunder Ninja Academy
- Blue Bay Harbor
- Wind Ninja Powers
- Thunder Ninja Powers
- Samurai Ninja Powers
- Ninja Storm Zords
- Kelly Halloway
- Miko Watanabe
- Prelude to a Storm - Three young extreme sports fans and friends, surfer Tori, skateboarder Shane, and motocrosser Dustin, spend their afternoons together at the Wind Ninja Academy, where the future stealth protectors of the Earth are trained in secret. Though, they're considered to be the three least dedicated students, the trio's potential and good nature comes to an advantage, when they run late for class one afternoon. It just so happens, that day, Lothor, a banished evil ninja, comes back to the planet, and conquers every Ninja Academy with his hoard of Evil Alien Ninjas! and makes their Sensei trapped in the form of a Guinea Pig, and his grumpy and embittered tech-wizard son Cam designing the weaponry to combat the villains, the three become the Wind Ninja Rangers. Can they manage to defeat the Blue Face monster in their first battle?
- There's No "I" in Team - Virtual training missions between the three Rangers highlights a major fault in their teamwork, focused directly upon team leader Shane. Despite Sensei's reminding that he must learn to trust in his teammates, the Red Ranger strikes out on his own against the Mad Magnet monster. Will he learn his lesson the hard way? Meanwhile, Lothor's evil nieces, Kapri and Marah, are also suffering from a lack of teamwork, and are forced to work out their problems by being stuck together, literally, by the monster's magnetic ray! This is the first time that the zords are introduced in this season.
- Beauty And the Beach - Tori is upset at being considered one of the guys and wishes to appear more feminine rather than tomboyish. She turns to Sensei for advice but is disappointed. Lothor's nieces use this to trick her into going to a "fashion shoot". She is trapped while an impostor goes to find Shane and Dustin and the headquarters. This is the first time the Rangers use the "Lightning Mode" of the Megazord.
- Looming Thunder - The Rangers encounter a new enemy named Terra Mole, who causes seismic disturbances in the city as he burrows underground; Dustin isolates himself. Blake and Hunter, the two warriors from the Thunder Ninja Academy show up.
- Thunder Strangers - Cam is in need of the data disc for the Tsunami Cycles, which Dustin had last, all unaware that it's not only landed in the hands of the evil Thunder Rangers, but has been used to give them their own Cycles! This leads to the first confrontation between the Wind and Thunder Rangers, and as if our heroes didn't have it bad enough, they also face Zurgane! When the Thunder Rangers unveil their own Zords, can our heroes' own Zords withstand their awesome power? -- The Thunder Rangers finally strike, defeating the Wind Rangers with their own Tsunami Cycles and Zords. When Blake is injured protecting Tori, she takes him to Ninja headquarters. With their location discovered, the Thunder Rangers infiltrate their headquarters and kidnap Sensei, blaming him for the death of their parents, not realizing just how wrong they are. -- After Sensei seals himself inside a protective sphere, the Thunder Rangers head for a cave that contains what they need to break it. Hot on their trail, the Ninja Storm Rangers catch up with and briefly aid them. When they finally reach the cave, all is revealed. Lothor was the one responsible for the deaths of Hunter and Blake's parents. The Thunder Rangers finally come to their senses, team up with the Wind Rangers and battle Lothor.
- Nowhere To Grow - The Rangers have reason to believe that Lothor is up to something when they find weird, smelly seeds that were planted in the ground. Sensei sends them to Dr. Belrab, a botanist to find out more information, much to the chagrin of Cam. Frustrated with having to stay at Ninja Ops, he takes it upon himself to speak to Dr. Belrab, much to the surprise of the Rangers. Shane decides to follow Cam to make sure that he doesn't get into trouble, while Tori and Dustin go to talk to the botanist. Shane is stunned to discover that Cam can defend himself very well. Sensei expresses his disapproval and explains his concern to his son, adding that he will never let Cam be a Ranger because of a promise he made long ago to his Mother Miko. As Tori and Dustin work to free themselves and Dr. Belrab, they discover a lot more than they expected. Things take a turn for the worse when their Ninja powers are no match for the malevolent vines that are threatening to take over the city! It's all up to Cam to save the day when all seems lost.
- Snip It, Snip It Good - Tori is sent on a ninja training mission to find a turtle which holds a scroll to unlock a power disk. While Tori is on this mission Dustin and Shane go to an environmental conference. A monster named the Snipster shows up who cuts of the bonds between Shane and Dustin while Tori encounters Marah and Kapri. After the fight the big guns come out and a new power disk is in action, the turtle mace.
- Return of Thunder - Tori misses Blake so much that she decides to go for a ride and ends up running into Blake, and he has something to tell her. Choobo has told the brothers that he wants to leave Lothor’s army and has a plan to help get onto his ship. Tori later talks to Shane and Dustin about what she's learned, but they are hesitant. Meanwhile, Hunter and Blake make their way on to Lothor's ship, and things go awry. When the Rangers battle another of Lothor's creations, they are in for the surprise of their lives....and then they disappear without a trace. -- Temperatures across the globe are dropping at an alarming rate, while the confused Rangers find themselves on an island. Lothor looks on gleefully as the Thunder Rangers battle the Wind Rangers until Blake and Hunter begin to come to their senses. A creature is sent down that is more formidable than ever; and the Rangers find that they have to get off the island before it sinks! Things take a turn for the worse when Hunter falls under a powerful spell that sends him on a murderous rampage for his brother, who is barely saved in time by the Wind Rangers. -- Blake is much more eager to save his brother than the Wind Rangers are, but they help anyway especially when they realize that the island is sinking. They find Hunter who struggles to find himself in his rage, forcing Blake to take matters into his own hands. Cam discovers where the Rangers are and contacts them; the Rangers find that there's only one way to make it off the island, but it's very risky. The Wind and Thunder Rangers have to work together but they're running out of time! -- Choobo blames the Thunder Rangers for his punishment and will stop at nothing to seek revenge, capturing them when they go out for a ride to decide if they will accept Tori, Shane, and Dustin's tempting offer. They are freed thanks to their new friends, but things take a turn for the worse when Choobo reveals just how powerful he truly is by casting a spell to control the Wind Rangers so that they will destroy the Thunder Rangers against their will! Will the Wind Rangers be able to break free from his grip?
- Boxing Bopp-A-Roo - The Rangers have agreed to work together to defeat Lothor. But there's still some conflicts. Shane and Hunter are finding it hard to work with each other. And with a competition coming up, they're both trying to out do the other. Sensei teaches them to work together.
- Pork Chopped - Tori wants to hang out with Blake and Hunter but already has plans with Shane and Dustin. Rather than break plans with either group, she decides to do both with no one being any the wiser. It gets harder than expected between rushing back and forth and trying to explain her sudden disappearances. It turns out to be a good thing though, especially when a monster appears and traps Blake and Hunter.
- The Samurai's Journey - Cam resents not being a Ranger and wishes to prove himself worthy of joining them, hating how his father is too overprotective to allow him that chance. It's up to Cam to save the day though when the Rangers are stripped of their powers by the mighty Metropolis, forcing Cam to go on a dangerous quest to the past to find the only thing that can save the world and that is the Samurai amulet -- Cam finds himself at least thirty years in the past. There are many more surprises in store for the young warrior when he meets his mom and dad as teenagers, and discovers that his father has a brother, Kiya! Kiya is determined to take a mesmerizing emerald amulet from Miko, Cam's mother. Cam interferes with his attempt and is later accused when it appears that Cam has stolen the amulet. His father, Kanoi, uncovers the truth which leads to a face-off between Cam and Kiya. It is revealed that Kiya was the banished ninja who is now reborn as Lothor. Later, time runs out and Cam reluctantly leaves to save the other Rangers, armed with a special gift from his mother which is the Samurai Amulet. Meanwhile, the spell that froze time so that Cam could time travel to the past is wearing off, leaving the powerless Rangers to face a gigantic monster. Cam becomes the Green Ranger & help the other Rangers. -- The Rangers are reeling from the latest surprise when they are ambushed by Lothor. They barely manage to escape and retrieve their powers when each of them is forced to fight a monster alone. Cam is stung and almost turned into a bug. Sensei reveals to him how to undo the spell, which seems impossible. In the end, it takes all the Rangers split into two groups to save the city.
- Scent of a Ranger - Cam's personality has turned around completely to the point that he's more like Dustin than, say, himself. He's better than all the other Rangers at everything. However, he doesn't seem remotely interested in being a Ranger anymore. Meanwhile, there's a new monster in town that is turning people into perfumes and trapping them in bottles. The Rangers get frustrated when Dustin and Tori are captured, and Cam does nothing to help. Imagine their surprise when another Cam shows up.
- I Love Lothor - Marah and Kapri convince Lothor to make a television show that will make him more likable. A new monster, Mr. Ratwell, assures Lothor that he can create a show to make him well-liked and offers to use love potions as a backup plan. Lothor, disgusted with the idea of using love potions, refuses and tosses them aside. Marah and Kapri decide to use them on the Rangers to prove their usefulness to their uncle as well as for fun. They accidentally make two of the Rangers fall in love with Tori, and they begin to fight over her for her affections. Even more problems arise when Tori is captured and bound to a cactus on Lothor's TV set and a strong love spell cast through the television puts all the viewers of Lothor's new show into a frenzy and they go after Dustin, Shane, and Hunter. It's up to Tori to help Cam and Blake come to their senses.
- Good Will Hunter - Hunter is disappointed when he becomes a mentor to a boy, Charlie, who resents him after losing his dad. He feels a kinship with this young boy when he discovers that they have something in common but is frustrated that he can't get through to him. Meanwhile, everyone's in trouble when Marah and Kapri lose Lothor's P.A.M.. Confusion arises when strange things begin to happen during the Rangers' battles. Finally, Marah and Kapri find Lothor's P.A.M. when it falls into the hands of Charlie who, naturally, doesn't recognize it for what it is. Fortunately, he's a lot smarter than the two of them.
- All about Beevil - Dustin feels like everyone thinks he's stupid when he apparently loses his bike. Meanwhile, Marah feels left out when her new friend Beevil joins the crowd and leaves only to run into Dustin who gives her a suggestion to make her consider her options. In return, she gives him something that is supposed to help the Rangers defeat her uncle. Can Dustin trust Marah or is it all a trick?
- Sensei Switcheroo - Cam is overwhelmed by the desire to have a human father so much so that he decides to try to bring his father back to his normal human self. After Shane and Sensei accidentally switch bodies, Sensei must go into battle as the Red Ranger while Shane must stay and watch. Cam attempts to fix it but another setback makes Sensei and Dustin switch bodies. Meanwhile, Marah and Kapri try to destroy the Power Rangers all on their own and are completely confused by the Rangers newfound skills.
- Tongue And Cheek - Dustin uses his Yellow Ranger powers to protect Storm Chargers from a big sports company. Kelli tells a newspaper about it and Dustin becomes famous. Shane becomes jealous of Dustin's newfound fame and Dustin begins to grow a big head. When Hunter, Tori, and Blake get captured by a stamp monster, Dustin and Shane are forced to work together in order to defeat the monster and save their friends.
- Brothers in Arms - Motodrone is born via a real mechanical genius, Perry, who comes into the scenario when Hunter's bike gets trashed during a race. Motodrone takes Hunter. Cam matches the DNA of Motodrone and finds out that he is Perry. Blake and Cam save Hunter who destroys Motodrone and saves Perry. Zurgane finds Motordrones pieces and takes them to Lothor's ship, where he is reassembled and brought back to life.
- Shane's Karma - It's a special day for Tori, and the Rangers get a day off when Sensei decides to take a little trip. Shane, plagued by nightmares, comes to Tori for advice and heeds it to her chagrin. There's only one person who can help Shane, and that person is someone from the past. -- Shane is confused and overwhelmed when he learns the truth about his nightmares and their link to the past. Meanwhile, Lothor discovers that there's an old acquaintance that may be trouble and is curious as to why this person has shown up. Only when Skyla leaves Shane does he understand everything that he's been shown and has to rely on her gift to defeat the one that is searching for her. With the power from Skyla's soul, Shane gets his Battalizer power and manages to defeat Vexacus.
- Shimazu Returns - Motodrone accidentally brings to life an ancient statue, releasing an ancient evil known as Shimazu. The Rangers are forced to contend with ferocious wolf-like monsters unleashed by this new threat, but is their strength enough? -- Cameron uses the Ranger's power discs to enter a mysterious realm where he discovers a weapon that could turn the tide in the battle against the Wolfblades, the Lighting Riff Blaster. When the Wolfblades attack again, the Rangers are forced to contend with them in their Zords with no additional discs, can Cameron activate the Blaster's powers in time?
- The Wild Wipeout - Tori is transported to another dimension where the Rangers are evil. She must join forces with Lothor and his forces to defeat the Rangers and restore peace to the city. After she returns to her own dimension, Blake confesses his feelings for Tori.
- Double-Edged Blake - Tori is puzzled when Blake disappears a lot for no real reason. No one else seems to know where he is or what he's doing when he's gone. When asked where he has been, he tells them very little. A new monster shows up, and finally the Rangers can see what he's been up to.
- Eye of the Storm - Shane's intimidating big brother comes to town, and accidentally catches him morphing and Motodrone calls a new monster named Eyezak who forces people to face their worst fears. The Wind Rangers are forced to face their fears, and the Thunder Rangers are captured.
- General Deception - Tori gives the guys a ride when they decide to go out camping. On the way, they are ambushed, but ultimately choose not to cancel their trip anyway. Meanwhile, Zurgane is ridiculed and his rank is threatened by even Lothor himself so he hatches an interesting plan to eliminate the Rangers, not knowing that Vexacus has plans of his own. Nearly everyone is stunned at how things begin to unfold for Zurgane. -- Zurgane's Zord is obliterated by the Rangers, but the General manages to get the data from the Rangers' attacks, and uses it when creating a new Zord, the HyperZurgane Zord! It cripples the Hurricane Megazord, so can the Rangers stall Zurgane long enough for the Zords to be repaired? Even if Zurgane survives the battle, one of his fellow Generals has his own plans about his fate...
- A Gem of a Day - Motodrone spy on Vexacus, leading to a showdown between the two Generals. All of this, plus the Condortron monster!
- Down And Dirty - The Bradley brothers get into a huge fight when Blake beats Hunter in a motocross race. Kapri and Marah ask Shimazu to help them take over the ship. Dustin decides to switch from motocross racing to motocross freestyle.
- Storm Before the Calm - The Rangers are selected to showcase their respective talents in the US Action Games. Meanwhile, Lothor prepares the final stages of a scheme set in motion by destiny itself, as he seeks to unleash the evils within The Abyss of Evil, hidden beneath the site of the Action Games. The Rangers face their greatest challenge. -- Lothor discovers and destroys Ninja Ops, but leaves behind a radically changed Sensei. With renewed confidence, the shattered Rangers unite to take on Lothor's new Zord and the forces of the Abyss of Evil as it opens, releasing every evil they have faced and more. When it's all over, the Rangers will face Lothor himself, but will their powers be able to withstand the villain's final trump card?